|Chicken with Mushrooms and Quinoa|
(Makes approximately 11 cups)
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz. sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 large, red onion
- 1 tbsp. coconut or extra virgin olive oil (I used coconut)
- 3 large, baked chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 Cup Spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste after cooking.
- Bake your chicken breasts at 350 F. for about 40 minutes or until they reach at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer. (I sprinkled mine with garlic powder, salt and pepper for added flavor)
- While that bakes, cook the quinoa with the garlic powder in the chicken broth to package directions.
- While that is cooking, sauté the mushrooms and onion in the oil over low to medium heat. Keep the heat low so that the liquid from the mushrooms will seep out and help cook them. This way you won’t have to add more oil.
- When the chicken is done, cut it into chunks and stir into the finished quinoa along with the spinach.
- Cool a bit and serve.